Wednesday, February 23, 2011

When you ask Jesus to make you dependent on Him..

...you better believe he will follow through!

Wesley (the campus ministry that I'm involved in) is challenging us this week in several areas of our life to really give ourselves to the Lord and make ourselves dependent on Him. Let's just say it's beautiful, challenging, fruitful, sucky, and necessary all at once.

Along with the corporate things that Wesley is doing, I decided to get off of FB for a week. I seriously sat and debated my decision about that for 20 minutes or so. Hello, it was so necessary. I just want this week to be about me setting my priorities where they should be. In order to do that, I sometimes have to just totally take myself from the things of this world that distract me and then slowly allow them back into my life in reasonable amounts. I'm an all or nothing kind of girl so this "in moderation" lifestyle has never come easy to me.

Something to look forward to this weekend is Women's Retreat! I have a hard time believing that it's already upon us and I absolutely cannot wait to spend my weekend with some incredible women who love the Lord. Then...the Bahamas! I can't even believe that in a week and a half I will be on an airplane with our Freshley team on our way to do some construction work and love on some Bohemian people. It's freaking me out...in such a good way. If you want, join me in prayer that the Lord would start preparing everyone involved. He's sure to work amazing things in every heart.


1 comment:

AnaYelsi said...

I love you so much and i'm so excited for you and your trip but I absolutely have to ask this...

did you mean"Bahamian" when you said "Bohemian"?

jajaja ;P