Saturday, July 19, 2008

Internet fasting week!!

This week I will undergo my first internet fast.  It's going to happen for several reasons, namely because I will not be at my computer all week (I'm a counselor at children's summer camp), and I will not be at work.  This leaves me time to get my devotions back on track and to just give me a break from those time sucking internet sites (facebook!!).  

I'm so excited about this week.  Last year, I was a counselor for middle school kids at camp, and boy was that a tough week.  Not to say that elementary schoolers don't have their own set of issues, but nothing compared to what we dealt with last year.  Please pray that I would have patience with the kids, and that God would work through us to touch their lives.  

So...I'll be back on in a week.  Refreshed, rested, and ready to talk all about how summer camp went!

Oh, one more thing.  Our "Rock What You Got" tour date was confirmed yesterday!  We still have to go through a committee at our church to make it official, but on November 16th (haha), Superchic[k], Stellar Kart (oh yeah!), Article One, and Starlit Platoon will be at Carlson.  Watch out for more details....:)

Love,

Brit

1 comment:

Patricia said...

Thanks for stopping over at my place to comment on today's photo hunt. You were almost right on the second one - it is the top of a bird's head (don't know what kind of bird but you can see part of her eye) and a stick from her nest which was on top of a very high ladder on my brother's porch.

Love ya,
Miss Pat